iPhone and Android Apps
iPhone/Android Booking App Terms and Conditions
If you do not agree to the terms, please do not use the Phoenix Taxis iPhone/Android booking app.
- The Phoenix Taxis iPhone and Android apps can only be used for bookings between or through areas north of the Tyne: Newcastle, North Tyneside, and Northumberland. Your journey must be booked from, to, or through these areas. We cannot accept or promise to fulfill bookings from outside our service area (e.g. areas south of the Tyne) using our app. If you are unsure if your booking is within our service area, please call the office to confirm before making the booking. If you make a booking outside of our service area using the app, we cannot guarantee it will be fulfilled.
- The Phoenix Taxis iPhone and Android app is developed and maintained by a third-party software developer, Autocab GPC. While we can pass comments or feedback about the app on to the developers, please note that our telephone call operators are unable to offer technical assistance such as troubleshooting or device compatibility information to users. Please pass any feedback on to us here and we will pass the information on to the relevant party.
- While bookings can be made through the app for immediate dispatch, please be aware that changes in circumstances such as breakdowns, road closures, technical problems etc. may affect estimated waiting times and cause fluctuations in vehicle ETAs. If you require a taxi immediately, please contact the office by phone and an operator will confirm the status of your booking. Time-sensitive bookings should always either be made, or have an ETA confirmed, by calling our office.
- It is your responsibility to plan your journey correctly and leave sufficient time to reach the destination according to the need to check-in for flights, catch a train or any other constraints you might have. Phoenix Taxis recommends that absolutely all customers plan to arrive at their destination at least forty-five minutes in advance of any train, coach depature or airport check-in time.
- Phoenix Taxis in no way agrees to any contract or commitment to deliver customers to prebooked connections, transport, dinner reservations, personal arrangements or medical appointments under any circumstances. Customers must take full responsibility for ensuring they are able to make such appointments on time. Phoenix Taxis are unable to offer a refund for costs incurred due to lateness for any pre-arrangement in any circumstances. This applies to any journeys Phoenix Taxis agrees to undertake (including both taxi and coach hires) and through any booking method, including by phone, smartphone app, email, or website booking form. For further information on why refunds are not issued, please see our FAQ.
- If you have any comments or complaints about the service we have provided to you, please contact the office by web contact form.