Terms & Conditions
Site use and bookings terms & conditions
Terms & Conditions
The term ‘Phoenix Taxis’ or ‘us’ or ‘we’ refers to the owner of the website whose registered office is Phoenix Taxis, South Albion Retail Park, Albion Way, Blyth, Northumberland, NE24 5BW. Our company registration number is 2518342, registered in Blyth, Northumberland. The term ‘you’ refers to the user or viewer of our website.
- The content of the pages of this website is for your general information and use only. It is subject to change without notice.
- When you submit information to this website by using any of the online contact forms, all information submitted is recorded – including the IP address of the device used to submit the information – so that we can provide you with a response to any price enquiries or feedback in addition to quality maintenance and security purposes.
- We may use your contact information in order to provide you with a response to your query. We may also use your contact information to inform you of offers or information related to our business. If you wish to opt-out from receiving correspondence of this nature, please contact us with an opt-out request.
- Neither we nor any third parties provide any warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy, timeliness, performance, completeness or suitability of the information and materials found or offered on this website for any particular purpose. You acknowledge that such information and materials may contain inaccuracies or errors and we expressly exclude liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- Your use of any information or materials on this website is entirely at your own risk, for which we shall not be liable. It shall be your own responsibility to ensure that any products, services or information available through this website meet your specific requirements.
- This website contains material which is owned by or licensed to us. This material includes, but is not limited to, the design, layout, look, appearance and graphics. Reproduction is prohibited other than in accordance with the copyright notice, which forms part of these terms and conditions.
- All trademarks reproduced in this website, which are not the property of, or licensed to the operator, are acknowledged on the website.
- Unauthorised use of this website may give rise to a claim for damages and/or be a criminal offence.
- From time to time, this website may also include links to other websites. These links are provided for your convenience to provide further information. They do not signify that we endorse the website(s). We have no responsibility for the content of the linked website(s).
- Your use of this website and any dispute arising out of such use of the website is subject to the laws of England, Northern Ireland, Scotland and Wales.
If you wish to book a specific vehicle such as a bus or wheelchair accessible vehicle please ensure you inform us using the options on the booking page, and please provide as much information as possible in the “Driver Note” box.
If you have a vehicle requirement that may affect your ability to travel, we strongly advise calling our office to book over the phone so that a member of our team can advise on requirements and availability. If you do not specify a requirement on the online booking form and you are unable to travel on the day as a result, responsibility lies with the person that booked the transport and we can’t guarantee availability of suitable transport at short notice.
Unless a full address and working contact number is provided we are unable to send a car.
To book online please read and accept our Terms & Conditions of Taxi Bookings below.
Terms & Conditions of Taxi Bookings
By using any of our services, you agree to the below listed terms and conditions. If you do not agree, you should not use our services.
The follow terms apply to all journeys booked by any method – including by phone, smartphone app, email or website booking form.
Terms and conditions applying specifically to the iPhone/Android booking app can be found here.
- While bookings can be made through the website for immediate dispatch, please call the office to confirm possible waiting times if you are booking a taxi for straight away.
- Call 01670 540 222 (24 hours) to confirm online booking request has been made and is visible to Phoenix Taxis. Unless verbal confirmation is requested and given Phoenix Taxis has no responsibility to undertake your booking request when a booking is requested through this website. Alternatively email firstname.lastname@example.org up to and including a maximum of 24 hours before your time of booking request and be in receipt of an email confirmation from email@example.com providing written confirmation.
- We cannot guarantee to undertake journeys that do not travel from or through our service area. The Phoenix Taxis service area covers Newcastle, North Tyneside, and South East Northumberland. We cannot accept or guarantee to fulfill online or app bookings that do not travel through these areas assuming such booking requests made on electronic platforms are confirmed through our office. If you’re in any doubt as to whether your journey qualifies, please call our office to confirm.
- It is your responsibility to plan your journey correctly and leave sufficient time to reach the destination according to the need to check-in for flights, catch a train or any other constraints you might have. Phoenix Taxis recommends that absolutely all customers plan to arrive at their destination at least an hour in advance of any train or airport check-in time.
- Phoenix Taxis in no way agrees to any contract or commitment to deliver customers to prebooked connections, transport, dinner reservations, personal arrangements, medical appointments, or any other time-sensitive commitments under any circumstances. Customers must take full responsibility for ensuring they are able to make such appointments on time. Phoenix Taxis recommends customers arrange for transport to arrive at any destination one hour before any time-sensitive commitments.
- Phoenix Taxis are unable to offer a refund for costs incurred due to lateness for any pre-arrangement in any circumstances. This applies to any journey Phoenix Taxis agrees to undertake (including taxis through any booking method, including by phone, smartphone app, email, or website booking form. For further information on why refunds are not issued for lateness, delays or missed appointments, please see our FAQ.
- Lost property left in a Phoenix vehicle will be returned to the Office.
- Please contact the main office to collect your lost property.
- Lost Property not collected within 3 months of the journey becomes the property of Phoenix Taxis who will arrange for disposal of the item.
- If you have any comments or complaints about the service we have provided to you, please use our online contact form. All complaints should be made in writing in order to ensure your issue is handled by the appropriate member of management.
- All telephone calls are recorded for monitoring purposes.
- These terms and conditions do not remove or affect your statutory rights.
If you need to make changes to a confirmed booking, please contact us directly by phone.
Refund and Cancellation Policies:
Please contact us in writing if you believe you require a refund on a completed or cancelled journey.
If you believe an unauthorised payment has been made to us using a payment method belonging to you as a result of fraud or theft:
- Requests must be made to us via the police or by your bank/payment provider due to Data Protection limitations. Bank or police authorisation is required in order to verify misuse and facilitate any potential refunds.
The following applies to journeys booked by phone or via the web booking form and paid for in advance by card:
- Any paid taxi journey you wish to cancel in advance will be given a full refund, provided the cancellation is more than 24 hours before the booking.
- Any taxi journey cancelled less than 24 hours before the booking will be refunded if the vehicle designated for your booking had not yet been dispatched on the journey. Most vehicles are dispatched between 5 and 45 minutes prior to the collection time, depending on the distance required for the driver to travel from our base in South East Northumberland. If your taxi has already been dispatched, we cannot guarantee a full refund.
- Refunds will be submitted electronically and the funds repaid to the card used to pay for the journey. Refunds will normally take 3-5 working days to be processed.
- Refunds for pre-paid jobs are handled by senior management. There may be a waiting period between request of a refund and the transaction being reversed whilst management investigates the issue in question.
If a refund is required for a transaction paid for by card at the end of a journey (an in-car Chip & PIN or Contactless payment):
- Refunds are handled by PayPal upon request by us – you must make this request to us within 180 days of the initial payment. Refunds may take up to seven working days to appear in your bank account. Telephone call handlers have no access to PayPal transaction histories or refund facilities and any such request must be made in writing and handled by a member of the management team.
If a refund is required for a journey paid for by iPhone/Android booking apps:
- Please make all requests in writing.