Are you interested in working for the largest taxi operator in Northumberland? Phoenix has jobs in Northumberland available.
Phoenix Taxis Careers – Jobs & Available Positions
Would you like to work for the largest taxi operator in Northumberland? With Phoenix, you can enjoy the benefits of working for a well-established and trusted company with the possibility of flexible hours and great earning potential. Our booking office is in the heart of Blyth where our business continues to grow, we have a range of jobs listed below and we’d love you to join the team.
Although the office is in Blyth we want to mention you can work across the South East area of Northumberland including Ashington, Bedlington, Cramlington and Morpeth. PLEASE NOTE: These roles are for UK residents only.
Jobs in Northumberland – current positions:
Join our team of taxi drivers today! Unlock fantastic perks by working with Phoenix which includes driving one of our electric or hybrid vehicles. Feel good knowing you’ll be protecting the environment while you work!
No experience is required: we provide all necessary training and help drivers obtain any required badges. We also have immediate starts available for drivers with valid Northumberland Private Hire badge.
If you’re interested in driving with us, please email your CV here with the subject line – Taxi Driver Position.
PASSENGER TRANSPORT ASSISTANTS
We are recruiting Passenger Transport Assistants to travel alongside young people on their journey to and from school. Your prime concern will be the prompt, safe and efficient transport of service users between home and school on a regular schedule, typically mornings and afternoons. We have positions available throughout Northumberland, North Tyneside and Newcastle.
Established Duties and Responsibilities:
- Liaising with the School Contracts department at Phoenix and, on occasion, the Local Authority.
- Meeting and greeting your service users and their parents/carers
- Assisting all service users on and off the transport.
- Ensuring all passengers adhere to Health & Safety guidelines.
- Where necessary, riding on the tail lift of the transport with your service users.
- Recording and reporting all issues, problems and feedback on your specified route.
- Where applicable, ensuring the safe transportation of medication.
- Recording and reporting any issues relating to any of the equipment necessary for the safe transportation of the service users.
- Reporting all accidents to management at Phoenix
- Ensuring your own health, hygiene and appearance are kept to maximum standard requirements
You must be at least 18 years of age to apply for this vacancy. You must prioritise health, hygiene and safety throughout your vacancy. Must be readily available for short notice work and be prepared to cover at short notice. Phoenix requires 100% commitment for this role to ensure you can provide and practise a high standard of service.
Please note that throughout your role as a Passenger Transport Assistant, you may be required to transport wheelchair users to and from the vehicle, perform manual handling of the wheelchair, and adhere to Health & Safety. You will also be required to climb steps/stairs, ride on the tail lift, and, where necessary, secure wheelchairs.
If you’re interested please email a CV here, we have a couple of positions available so please include the position you are applying for in the subject line.