Are you interested in working for the largest taxi operator in Northumberland?
Phoenix Taxis Careers – Jobs & Available Positions
Are you interested in working for the largest taxi operator in Northumberland? We are always looking for taxi and coach drivers, as well as customer service call handlers for our booking office in the heart of Blyth. With Phoenix, you can enjoy the benefits of working for a well-established and trusted company with the possibility of flexible hours and great earning potential.Current positions
Join our team of taxi drivers today and you could earn £200-£500+ per week. No experience is required: we provide all necessary training and help drivers to obtain any required badges.
If you’re interested in driving with us, call 01670 540 222 or email a CV here.
We are currently recruiting PCV Bus Drivers for various school runs in Northumberland. You will need a Cat ‘D’ or D1 without restriction licence, along with a current drivers CPC.
The rates of pay start at £25 per run (£250 per week) as a base with potential to earn significantly more. Although it would be advantageous to have a current DBS with Northumberland County Council, we can help you attain this.
If you would like more information about the role, please call Ken on 01670 540 222 for immediate interview.
Call Centre Operatives
Working closely with our existing customer base, you will operate our taxi booking system and assist our customers who call us by phone and place bookings made via our app and website. Additional administrative tasks may be required of you.
- 16 full-time hours with additional hours available
- Weekday evenings and weekend day/evening shifts available only
- Meets national minimum wage
Key skills required:
- Good knowledge of the local area
- English GCSE or equivalent
- Answering telephone calls primarily related to taxi and coach bookings
- Processing customer payments
- Undertaking administrative work where necessary
- Customer service
Please apply by emailing a CV or calling 01670 540 222.
Passenger Transport Assistants
We are recruiting Passenger Transport Assistants to travel alongside young people on their journey to and from school. Your prime concern will be the prompt, safe and efficient transport of service users between home and school on a regular schedule, typically mornings and afternoons. We have positions available throughout Northumberland, North Tyneside, Newcastle and County Durham.
Established Duties and Responsibilities
· Liaising with the School Contracts department at Phoenix and, on occasion, the Local Authority
· Meeting and greeting your service users and their parents/carers
· Assisting all service users on and off the transport
· Ensuring all passengers adhere to Health & Safety guidelines
· Where necessary, riding on the tail lift of the transport with your service users
· Recording and reporting all issues, problems and feedback on your specified route
· Where applicable, ensuring the safe transportation of medication
· Recording and reporting any issues relating to any of the equipment necessary for the safe transportation of the service users
· Reporting all accidents to management at Phoenix
· Ensuring your own health, hygiene and appearance are kept to maximum standard requirements
You must be at least 18 years of age to apply for the Passenger Transport Assistant vacancy. You must prioritise health, hygiene and safety throughout your vacancy. Must be readily available for short notice work and be prepared to cover at short notice. Phoenix require 100% commitment for this role to ensure you can provide and practise a high standard of service.
Please note that throughout your role as a Passenger Transport Assistant you may be required to transport wheelchair users to and from the vehicle, perform manual handling of the wheelchair, and adhere to Health & Safety. You will also be required to climb steps/stairs, ride on the tail lift, and, where necessary, secure wheelchairs.
If you’re interested, call 01670 540 222 and ask to speak with Sarah McGhie or Matt Rogers.